Request for Participation

Hello,

I’m writing with a request for a bit of your time to help me with a project I am working on to complete my thesis for my MSc. in Computer Science at UC Berkeley this year.

The study is a contextual inquiry during which I will use both observation and semi-structured interviews to gain knowledge about (1) the uses, workflow, pain points, and desired improvements to Mimi.jl and (2) more broadly gain generalizable insights about software engineering for climate change research and climate policy support. I aim to learn how we can improve existing software and design new software tools to support users in this domain.

I have completed all required approval through the Internal Review Boards (IRB) for UC Berkeley, and data gathered from the study will be anonymized to the fullest extent possible and used only for research purposes and publications. There will be options for opting in or out of any type of audio and video recordings. More details about confidentiality and privacy will be included in a full consent form if you choose to participate.

Each participant will also be compensated for their time with $50 in the form of an electronic gift card of their choice (local coffee shop etc.).

If you would be interested in participating, please fill out the brief screening survey form linked below and I will be in touch. Feel free to ask any questions in the meantime via email or Slack!

Thanks so much for your time.

Cheers,

Lisa

Screening Survey Link: Screening Survey

@jdossgollin @MalinW @lguo @glarange @jgrunau @daler6 @mbprend @AlexandrePavlov @BerBastien @MarvinDupuis