MimiFUND LoadError: UndefVarError

I am following a tutorial from the Mimi Framework that uses MimiFUND. When I attempt to use MimiFUND I receive a LoadError and uncertain how to troubleshoot the issue.

Some details on my system: -
Julia: Version 1.5.0 (2020-08-01)
XCode commend tools are installed.

The error message: -

[ Info: Precompiling MimiFUND [b3ba11de-429f-11e9-29f7-cb478ab96e7c]
ERROR: LoadError: LoadError: UndefVarError: Simulation not defined
Stacktrace:
 [1] top-level scope at /Users/*****/.julia/packages/MimiFUND/b4dFo/src/montecarlo/run_fund_scc_mcs.jl:3
 [2] include(::Function, ::Module, ::String) at ./Base.jl:380
 [3] include at ./Base.jl:368 [inlined]
 [4] include(::String) at /Users/*****/.julia/packages/MimiFUND/b4dFo/src/MimiFUND.jl:1
 [5] top-level scope at /Users/*****/.julia/packages/MimiFUND/b4dFo/src/MimiFUND.jl:11
 [6] include(::Function, ::Module, ::String) at ./Base.jl:380
 [7] include(::Module, ::String) at ./Base.jl:368
 [8] top-level scope at none:2
 [9] eval at ./boot.jl:331 [inlined]
 [10] eval(::Expr) at ./client.jl:467
 [11] top-level scope at ./none:3
in expression starting at /Users/*****/.julia/packages/MimiFUND/b4dFo/src/montecarlo/run_fund_scc_mcs.jl:3
in expression starting at /Users/*****/.julia/packages/MimiFUND/b4dFo/src/MimiFUND.jl:11
ERROR: Failed to precompile MimiFUND [b3ba11de-429f-11e9-29f7-cb478ab96e7c] to /Users/*****/.julia/compiled/v1.5/MimiFUND/OWGIW_KxIxi.ji.
Stacktrace:
 [1] error(::String) at ./error.jl:33
 [2] compilecache(::Base.PkgId, ::String) at ./loading.jl:1290
 [3] _require(::Base.PkgId) at ./loading.jl:1030
 [4] require(::Base.PkgId) at ./loading.jl:928
 [5] require(::Module, ::Symbol) at ./loading.jl:923

Hi there, thanks for the question! I believe that error would indicate that you aren’t on the correct version of Mimi.jl. Can you run pkg> st by first typing ] to get into Package REPL mode and then st to get the status of your packages, and copy the rest of the code here? I’m particularly interested in the versions of Mimi and MimiFUND.

1 Like

We have now tagged a new version of FUND so versioning issues should be fixed. In the Pkg REPL (accessed with ]) type

pkg> up MimiFUND
pkg> up Mimi
pkg> st

and let me know the output. After you do that and restart the REPL you should be good to go.

1 Like

Thank you the reply.
Before up: Mimi v1.0.1 and MimiFUND v3.11.4
After up: Mimi v1.0.1, MimiFUND v3.12.0, and MimiFUND appears to load successfully with using MimiFUND

I am working through the tutorial now.

Wonderful, please keep letting us know about questions etc.!

1 Like