Mimi Framework

Mimi et al. versions in Jupyter

Hello!

I am working with Mimi in a Jupyter notebook, and on my local machine I am not having any issues with versioning and updating. However, on a shared cluster there seems to be some barriers to working with the latest packages? The most recent version I am able to add via Pkg.add("Mimi") is Mimi v0.9.6 (which has limited use of the other packages and their functions). A simple Pkg.update() doesn’t address the issue.

For the sake of completeness, below is the full output. I have tried using both Python and Julia kernals, and run into the same issues. Any suggestion on what might need to be updated in order to accommodate Mimi et al.?

Thank you!

julia> Pkg.add(Pkg.PackageSpec(name="Mimi", version="1.2.1"))

 Resolving package versions...
Unsatisfiable requirements detected for package Mimi [e4e893b0]:
 Mimi [e4e893b0] log:
 ├─possible versions are: [0.6.0-0.6.4, 0.7.0, 0.8.0-0.8.3, 0.8.5-0.8.7, 0.9.0-0.9.6, 0.10.0, 1.0.0-1.0.2, 1.1.0-1.1.1, 1.2.0-1.2.1] or uninstalled
 ├─restricted to versions 1.2.1 by an explicit requirement, leaving only versions 1.2.1
 └─restricted by julia compatibility requirements to versions: [0.6.0-0.6.4, 0.7.0, 0.8.0-0.8.3, 0.8.5-0.8.7, 0.9.0-0.9.6] or uninstalled — no versions left

Stacktrace:
 [1] #propagate_constraints!#61(::Bool, ::Function, ::Pkg.GraphType.Graph, ::Set{Int64}) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.1/Pkg/src/GraphType.jl:1005
 [2] propagate_constraints! at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.1/Pkg/src/GraphType.jl:946 [inlined]
 [3] #simplify_graph!#121(::Bool, ::Function, ::Pkg.GraphType.Graph, ::Set{Int64}) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.1/Pkg/src/GraphType.jl:1460
 [4] simplify_graph! at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.1/Pkg/src/GraphType.jl:1460 [inlined] (repeats 2 times)
 [5] resolve_versions!(::Pkg.Types.Context, ::Array{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec,1}, ::Nothing) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.1/Pkg/src/Operations.jl:371
 [6] resolve_versions! at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.1/Pkg/src/Operations.jl:315 [inlined]
 [7] #add_or_develop#63(::Array{Base.UUID,1}, ::Symbol, ::Function, ::Pkg.Types.Context, ::Array{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec,1}) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.1/Pkg/src/Operations.jl:1171
 [8] #add_or_develop at ./none:0 [inlined]
 [9] #add_or_develop#15(::Symbol, ::Bool, ::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{},Union{},Tuple{},NamedTuple{(),Tuple{}}}, ::Function, ::Pkg.Types.Context, ::Array{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec,1}) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.1/Pkg/src/API.jl:54
 [10] #add_or_develop at ./none:0 [inlined]
 [11] #add_or_develop#14 at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.1/Pkg/src/API.jl:31 [inlined]
 [12] #add_or_develop at ./none:0 [inlined]
 [13] #add_or_develop#12 at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.1/Pkg/src/API.jl:28 [inlined]
 [14] #add_or_develop at ./none:0 [inlined]
 [15] #add#20 at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.1/Pkg/src/API.jl:59 [inlined]
 [16] add(::Pkg.Types.PackageSpec) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.1/Pkg/src/API.jl:59
 [17] top-level scope at In[18]:1

Hmm let’s see can you show me the output of Pkg.status(), in case you have other packages in there, and also make sure you are using Julia 1.6 in your kernel? If you are using an old version of Julia, then you might have be pulling in the last version of Mimi that supported that version of Julia so I bet that’s what’s going on … looking at our logs when we released version v0.10 of Mimi we wrote this:

Remove support of 1.2 and 1.3 ([#723](https://github.com/mimiframework/Mimi.jl/pull/723)) ([@lrennels](https://github.com/lrennels))

so if you have a kernel with Julia 1.2 or 1.3 then you would perhaps run into this problem. Let me know!

We should be currently supporting Julia 1.4 and up

This is definitely the reason! Hadn’t noticed that. For some reason ] build IJulia isn’t cooperating on the cluster, but I’ll get it updated soon. Thank you again!

julia> versioninfo()
Julia Version 1.1.0
Commit 80516ca202 (2019-01-21 21:24 UTC)
Platform Info:
  OS: Linux (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
  CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2686 v4 @ 2.30GHz
  WORD_SIZE: 64
  LIBM: libopenlibm
  LLVM: libLLVM-6.0.1 (ORCJIT, broadwell)

Ah great yes that’s definitely the issue, don’t hesitate to get in touch even with screenshots and text and we’ll help if we can … between the members of the team we’ve done enough software dev work to have dealt with cluster and machine setup issues :slight_smile:

1 Like